This is the April/May 2017 issue of Armada International. This is not the latest issue. To read the current month’s issue of the magazine, please subscribe here.
Table of Contents
- Air Power – Insect Repellent: Small-sized UAVs are becoming an important capability in the infantry soldier’s toolset, Beth Stevenson explains.
- Future Technologies – Back To The Future: Laser weapons are back in vogue, yet hurdles remain until such weapons can be deployed operationally, Dr. Alix Valenti finds out.
- Land Warfare – Something’s Happening Here: Beth Stevenson examines some of the latest technologies being adopted to assist soldiers in improving their situational awareness.
- Land Warfare – Tanked Up: Stephen W. Miller studies how contemporary combat operations are influencing main battle tank procurement and upgrades.
- Sea Power – Velocitas Eradico: Electromagnetic technology offers promise to naval operations, both for armaments and aircraft carrier catapults, Dr. Alix Valenti explains.
- Stirling – It’s Cold Outside: Andrew White details the increasing requirement for special forces to perform operations in cold climates, and accompanying recent technological developments.
- Turing – You Can’t Dance And Climb In The Same Shoes: Waveforms are a perplexing to many. Thomas Withington demystifies this puzzling, yet hugely important, area of tactical communications.