This is the June/July 2017 issue of Armada International. This is not the latest issue. To read the current month’s issue of the magazine, please subscribe here.
- Stirling Special Operations Column – News Round-Up: Catch up with all the latest news from the special forces community in Armada’s regular Stirling column.
- Strike Hard, Strike Sure – Close Air Support at the Forward Edge of the Battle Area: Getting ordnance accurately on target in a timely fashion is at the heart of close air support doctrine and innovation.
- Air-to-Air Missiles – Future Innovations and Technologies: We examine how fighter aircraft acquisitions and retrofits are driving innovation in the air-to-air missile world.
- Naval Unmanned Aerial Vehicles – Onwards and Upwards: Unmanned aerial vehicles are playing an increasingly important role supporting a wide spectrum of naval operations.
- Turing Communications Column – Project Guardian: The Royal Air Force will soon benefit from a new Air Command and Control System under the Project Guardian initiative. We examine the programme, its current states and its timelines for introduction.
- Future Technologies – Bulletproof – Armour Protection for Aircraft: Recent operations in Afghanistan, Iraq and elsewhere around the world have underscored the vulnerability of helicopters to surface-to-air missiles, anti-aircraft artillery and rocket propelled grenades. We examine the ballistic protection products on the market for military helicopters.