This is the October/November 2017 issue of Armada International. This is not the latest issue. To read the current month’s issue of the magazine, please subscribe here.
October/November 2017 Issue includes the following Features:
- Turing – Communications Column – Commercial break: Military demand for commercial satellite communications remains strong, although considerable debate remains regarding the long-term health of the market.
- Stirling – Special Operations Column – Doctor and the Medics: Andrew White examines the medical needs of special forces troops, and the training developments ongoing to help save the lives of commandos.
- Future Technologies Column – Let there be Light: Peter Donaldson casts an eye towards innovations in optronics technology, with several recent innovations falling under the spotlight.
- Sea Power – Up Close and Personal: Gerrard Cowan examines the efforts of weapons manufacturers to ensure that close-in weapons systems remain potent in the face of emerging threats.
- Air Power – Small Targets presents Big Challenges: Justin Bronk charts important, recent developments in counter-insurgency air power, and the increasing precision with which this can be applied.
- Land Warfare – A Certain Ratio: Stephen W. Miller examines ongoing upgrades and procurements in the infantry fighting vehicle and armoured personnel carrier domains.
- Land Warfare – Wheels and Tracks for the God of War: Stephen W. Miller takes the temperature of the self-propelled artillery domain, articulating the latest design innovations therein.