This is the September 2018 issue of Armada International. This is not the latest issue. To read the current month’s issue of the magazine, please subscribe here:
September 2018 Issue includes:
- Special Report: Contested Maritime Spaces pose growing challenge to Western Navies: Dr. Lee Willett attended RUSI’s Sea Power conference and found rising concern among western naval powers.
- Land Warfare: Improving Individual Situational Awareness: Industry is giving soldiers better technology so that they can locate themselves, their team and the enemy are on the battlefield. Stephen W. Miller reports.
- Land Warfare: Battlefield Tactical Power: Stephen W. Miller finds that alternative power supplies might offer an alternative to noisy, fuel hungry generators.
- Sea Power: Capability Calibration: The arrival of Kalibr cruise missiles into the Russian Navy’s surface and submarine fleets has broken an established SLCM hegemony. Dr. Lee Willett explains.
- Spec Ops and Expeditionary Forces Debrief: ‘Tooling Up’ for Counter Terorism: Andrew White reviews the publication of the United Kingdom’s latest Counter Terrorist Strategy, CONTEST.
- Armada Commentary: Why Open Systems fuel the tempest: Andrew Hunter discusses why Pyramid open architecture may be just the stimulus needed for BAE Systems’ Tempest to ‘take-off ’.