SMi Group Reports: The 12th annual Border Security Conference will return to Rome, Italy on the 12-13 February 2019.
Ensure your opportunity to network with an audience of international senior security experts and law enforcement officers as they discuss the political and technological solutions being utilised to secure national borders.
The 12th annual Border Security Conference will return to Rome, Italy on the 12-13 February 2019 and will welcome a number of informative presentations from experts in:
- Airport border security
- Maritime border security
- Passenger safety
- Data management
Presentation Highlights include:
1) The Portuguese (PRT) Maritime Authority- Maritime Police in European Border Control Operations – Vice Admiral Luis Carlos de Sousa Pereira, Portuguese Maritime Authority Director General and Commandant Maritime Police, Portuguese Navy
2) The Global Migration Crisis: Challenges and Remedies – Rear Admiral (Ret’d) Alberto Cervone, Former Professor of Security Studies at the Marshall Center, Italian Navy
3) Dismantling Criminal Activities and Countering Human Traffickers in the Mediterranean – Rear Admiral Enrico Credendino, EUNAFORMED Operation SOPHIA Operation Commander, EUNAFORMED
4) Recent Developments in Biometric Strategies at US Borders – Mr. Patrick Nemeth, Director of Identity Operations Division, US Department of Homeland Security
5) From Silos to Interoperability — Evolution of Technology in Service of Border Management – Mr. Krum Garkov, Director, EU lisa
6) Recent Developments in the Use of Biometrics in Border Security – Mr. Marek Rejman-Greene, Consultant and Former Senior Biometrics Adviser at the Home Office, Identity for Services
7) Industry Milestone: The First Permanent Kiosk Based Border Control Solution for Entry/Exit Control in the EU – Ms. Keri Phoenix, Manager, Innovative Travel Solutions, Vancouver Airport Authority
The full agenda is available to download at: http://www.bordersec.com/amr
Nations presenting at the conference:
Aruba, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Sweden, Turkey, United Kingdom, USA and more.
2019 attendees include:
Advantech Wireless, Airpol, Borders & Immigration, Brussels Airport Company, Cellebrite, Comcast, Embassy of Canada in Rome, Estonian Police and Border Guard Administration, EU lisa, Eunaformed, European Union Dedication to Turkey, Europol, Federal Police, German Embassy, Finnish Customs, Gatekeeper Intelligent Security, George C. Marshall European Center for Security Studies, German Federal Police, Government of Aruba, Identity for Services, Integrated Biometrics, International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD), International Organisation for Migration, Interpol, Italian Army, Italian MoD, Italian Navy, Italian State Police, Joint Research Centre, Marina Militare Italiana, MSAB, National University of Public Service Fle, Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe, P.G Court Consulate Congo, Portuguese Navy, SAP Belgium NV/SA, Swedish Police Authority, Swiss Border Guard, US Department of Homeland Security, Vancouver Airport Authority, WorldReach Software and more.
With spaces limited, the event team encourage you to book your seat now to avoid disappointment at this sell out event.
It’s easy to book your place – delegate bookings and special rates for military/government, please contact James Hitchen on: +44 (0) 207 827 6054 or email [email protected]
Please visit the website, http://www.bordersec.com/amr for further details and to download the most up-to-date brochure.
A final thank you to all of our Gold Sponsors: Gatekeeper Intelligent Security, Leonardo, SITA, Vancouver Airport Authority, and Sponsors and Exhibitors: Cellebrite, Idemia, MSAB, WorldReach Software.
Border Security Conference
12-13 February 2019