SIBAT, the International Defense Cooperation Directorate of the Israel Ministry of Defense, is hosting the Israeli delegation to the International Paris Air Show, Le Bourget. Seven Israeli defense companies will take part in the exhibition.
“As the Air Show opens this year, there are signs of an increase in the defense budgets of European NATO member countries,” says Brigadier General (Ret.) Yair Kulas, who was recently appointed Director of SIBAT. “The defense market in Europe is one of the fastest growing and most competitive in the world. The security challenges facing the continent, such as domestic security, counterterrorism and border defense, represent an opportunity for all exporters, especially those from Israel, which are considered to be a world leader in technologies relevant to the region’s needs: drone defense systems, UAVs, cyber defense, border and infrastructure protection, air defense and more. We are also witnessing a need for further partnership. SIBAT, the International Defense Cooperation, is working to progress these partnerships with the Israeli defense industry.”
“We are pleased to report that Israeli defense exports s have been rising in recent years. Together with our excellent defense and technological industries, we will continue to develop innovative technologies in order to maintain and even strengthen the trend.”
The Israeli exhibit:
The following innovations will be presented in the Israeli area of the Paris Air Show:
Elbit Systems will showcase new capabilities and highlight progress and maturity of ongoing capabilities at Paris Airshow 2019. Following recent M&As performed by the company, Elbit Systems will present new products in the areas of PGMs, self-protection and commercial aviation solutions. During the show, Elbit Systems will host a media event with NATO, OCCAR and Airbus to discuss the progress of the MMF program and the integration of self-protection capability and will debut the Hermes 45 long endurance, point launch/recovery Small Tactical UAS.
The Company display will include airborne self-protection solutions, Precision-Guided Munitions, Intelligence, Surveillance, Target Acquisition and Reconnaissance (ISTAR) technologies as well as commercial aviation systems.
IAI will unveil two new products:
- The THeron UAV – the latest member of the Heron Family of products, designed to provide high quality real-time intelligence gathering and transmission, especially for tactical missions undertaken by ground troops, coastal guards and similar forces
- The MS-MMR radar, featuring additional active and passive sensors to generate an enhanced air situation picture.
IAI entered into approximately $1 billion worth of deals last year, in Europe alone. During the Air Show, the company is expected to announce new business collaborations in a range of areas.
RAFAEL will present a unique range of globally-supplied, battle-proven advanced solutions for Air Battlespace Dominance, both as stand-alone solutions and a comprehensive end-to-end package, unveiling at the show the following innovations:
- A unique SAR feature for its Litening and Reccelite EO pods – the new SAR capabilities constitute a quantum leap in all-weather, stand-off targeting and ISR pods;
- SPICE-250 with ATR – new artificial intelligence and deep learning technologies in SPICE-250, to enable Automatic Target Recognition;
- Newly-developed multi-mission capabilities, scalability and mobility for the Iron Dome, the defense system that has over 2000 combat interceptions with a 90% success rate – the new features provide both stationary and maneuvering forces with the ultimate defense solution against a wide spectrum of threats.
UVision a global pioneer in the area of lethal loitering systems for a wide variety of missions, will unveil:
- The Hero-400EC’s Multi-Canister Launcher – a modular multi-tube canister launcher mounted on a range of land or naval platforms. Its long range and endurance capabilities make the launcher suitable for safe launch away from enemy lines.
- The advanced configuration of the Hero-120 has powerful multi-purpose warheads that will also be introduced at the show.